For me, a great day always starts with a green smoothie. Green smoothies are fast and easy to make, they are very healthy, and they give you an amazing energy boost.This particular green smoothie is inspired by a Brazilian cafe near where I live in Santa Cruz, CA. The cafe serves all different kinds of acai bowls and acai smoothies. Acai is a Brazilian fruit that is known for its energy boosting powers! I have seen frozen packets of acai in several grocery stores and I decided to get a pack and experiment with making acai smoothies and acai bowls. The following smoothie is my favorite result of this experimentation.
Acai Green Smoothie:
Yield: 1 serving
– 1 Packet of Unsweetened Frozen Acai (I used the Sambazon brand smoothie packet)
– 1 frozen banana
– 1 cup spinach or other greens
– 1 cup almond milk or milk of choice
– 1 tablespoon nut or seed butter (almond butter is my favorite)
– Optional: If you like your smoothies very sweet like I do, add 1 squeeze of agave nectar or other liquid sweetener of choice (I usually add a squeeze of honey)
Add all ingredients into blender and blend on high. Enjoy your delicious green smoothie!